Data Protection Policy
Weddingwire.co.uk fully complies with the personal data protection legislation in force and with the confidentiality commitments typical of its activity.
We hereby inform you that WEDDING PLANNER, S.L. (Unipersonal) (hereinafter, “Weddingwire.co.uk”), with registered office at Avda. Alcalde Barnils, 64-68, 4ª, 08174, Sant Cugat del Vallés, Barcelona (Spain) and email address firstname.lastname@example.org, is the Controller of your personal data.
Weddingwire.co.uk shall act as the Data Processor in the following services and any others that may arise in the future:
- Guest list.
- Images published by the Users – Real Wedding.
- Data related to the User’s spouse.
- Vendors’ contact details provided by users as part of the content provided by such users.
- Users’ personal data used by the vendors while they use Weddingwire.co.uk tools.
- Contributions to the Weddingwire.co.uk community
- Personal data of the users' guests who are using the gift list and wedding website service.
The Controller of the data provided in relation to those services rendered by Weddingwire.co.uk shall be the actual User and consumer (bride/groom), who must comply with the data protection regulations, must have obtained consent from the data subjects for processing their personal data and must have applied all the guarantees required for processing their personal data.
The User shall be responsible at all times for the images published and the names included. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Weddingwire.co.uk has the power to remove the content if it is illegal.
Weddingwire.co.uk shall handle the data according with the standard contractual clauses set forth by the European Comission.
The personal data to be processed shall be the personal data that the User has provided to Weddingwire.co.uk when completing the online registration form, through social media, through the customer service or through any other means (chats, telephone calls, emails, etc.).
The categories of data which Weddingwire.co.uk can have at its disposal are as follows:Users consumers (brides/grooms/guests):
Identification data: First name, last name, image, identity number, social media username (full name if the person accesses or interacts through social media).
Contact data: Telephone number, email address, postal address, social media username (email if the person accesses or interacts through social media).
Personal data: Date of birth, place of birth, nationality, gender.
Economic-financial data: Bank data (if this applies).Professional users:
Identification data: First name, last name.
Corporate contact data: Telephone number, email address, registered office.
Business data: Activity and business. Data included in the professional's data sheet/profile.
Users accept that, once they register, their photographs and user profile will be publicly visible for the other users of Weddingwire.co.uk as well as on the various Internet search engines.
The fields marked with an asterisk (*) in the registration form to be completed by the Users are mandatory so that the request can be met; the other fields are voluntary.
Likewise, when the data are provided through any other means, at the time of processing the Users shall be notified whether or not it is mandatory to provide such data.
The Users guarantee that the personal data provided to Weddingwire.co.uk are truthful and updated, and they are responsible for notifying any changes thereto, where the Users are the only parties responsible for providing inaccurate or false data and for the harm that this may cause to Weddingwire.co.uk or to third parties as a result of using the services provided by Weddingwire.co.uk. Likewise, Weddingwire.co.uk states that the data that it collects are adequate, pertinent and not excessive in relation to its specific scope, purposes and services.
The Users' data provided to Weddingwire.co.uk through any means so that it can render the services required by them are collected for the following purposes:
- Enable Users to rapidly and easily search for companies that provide the services and products related to the wedding event by province, activity sector, type of service and location.
- Advertise the services and products of wedding-related companies by creating a data sheet with their contact details, location, service and/or product description and photographs, where applicable.
- Facilitate contact between the companies which advertise their products or services on the Website and the users interested in them via information requests through emails, forms and telephone calls.
- Enable Users to create a personal data sheet that can be accessed by the other Website users.
- Provide Users with all the information required to hold a wedding through articles and advice published on the Website.
- Create a Website community for participation so that all the Users, whether or not they are registered, can access it.
- Provide Users with the wedding planning assistance service, consisting of giving advice and help on locating and selecting wedding organizers; Weddingwire.co.uk telephones the Users and sends the information requests in the name of the Users and with their express consent to the organizers which were suggested to the Users.
- Record the telephone calls with the aim of ensuring the service quality and monitoring how the incidents are resolved.
Weddingwire.co.uk is legitimized to process the Users' data with the aforementioned purposes so that it can comply with its contractual obligations as a result of the requests made by Users.
The Users' data provided to Weddingwire.co.uk through any means shall also be collected with the following purposes:
- Analyze the data for training and/or statistical purposes. Carry out the basic activities to analyze the content of the information provided and draft the profiles to appropriately manage the activities and services provided by Weddingwire.co.uk.
- Record the telephone calls with the aim of ensuring the service quality and monitoring how the incidents are resolved.
Weddingwire.co.uk is legitimized to process the Users' data with the aforementioned purposes since it has a legitimate interest that is expressly acknowledged in the privacy regulations, so that it can provide the service properly.
Likewise, the Users' data provided to Weddingwire.co.uk through any means shall also be collected with the following purpose:
- Send electronic communications of the promotions and information about the services provided by the companies with which Weddingwire.co.uk has commercial agreements (this also includes its own commercial communications as well as those of professional users and third parties), related to the wedding industry and to the needs or interests that the engaged couple may have during the wedding organization process given the nature and purpose of the services provided by Weddingwire.co.uk. For such purpose, it is understood that the wedding products or services are all the products and services included on the Website at present and in the future as well as any products, services or campaigns specifically aimed at weddings.
Such promotional electronic communications shall be sent throughout the relationship between the Users and Weddingwire.co.uk and even after it has ended, provided that the Users have not stated otherwise.
Weddingwire.co.uk has established two mechanisms through which the Users who request this can change or delete such services in a simple and fast way and free of charge: (i) through the user menu by disabling the “Send” option in the “Notifications” subsection included in the “My account” section, or (ii) following the instructions stated at the bottom of the electronic communications.
Weddingwire.co.uk is legitimized to process the Users' data with the aforementioned purposes, as expressly acknowledged in the legislation in force, (i) in the event that the Users gave their consent and/or (ii) in the event that the information is about products and services similar to those addressed by a previous sale or negotiation, provided that the Users did not decide to stop receiving such communications.
Weddingwire.co.uk shall not adopt decisions which may affect the Users based only on the automated processing of their personal data. All the decision-making processes related to the aforementioned purposes of the processing are carried out with human involvement.
As a result of the nature of the service and with the aim of complying with the obligations arising from the services arranged by the Users, it shall be necessary to share their data with all the recipients stated in the first paragraph of section 5. The legitimacy for this resides in complying with the contractual obligations.
Likewise, the Users' data can be assigned to the recipients stated below for the following reasons:
- Public authorities: to comply with the legal obligations to which Weddingwire.co.uk is subject as a result of its activity.
- Suppliers which need to access the data to provide the services which Weddingwire.co.uk has arranged with those suppliers and with which Weddingwire.co.uk has signed the necessary confidentiality and personal data processing agreements required by the privacy protection regulations.
In the event that Weddingwire.co.uk has to assign personal data in the future, it will notify the Users accordingly.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulations in force, to properly provide the services offered by the Website, Weddingwire.co.uk hereby informs the Users that the personal data that they supply to the Website shall be transferred to the parent company of the business group to which Weddingwire.co.uk belongs, that is, the US company The Knot Worldwide Inc., with which the corresponding standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission have been signed.
Likewise, Weddingwire.co.uk hereby informs that it has arranged the services of technology providers located in countries whose regulations are not equivalent to the EU ones (“Third Countries”). Those providers have signed confidentiality and data processing agreements with Weddingwire.co.uk as required by the regulations for suppliers located in Third Countries, applying the necessary guarantees and safeguards to maintain their privacy.
To obtain more information about the guarantees in relation to the international transfers of personal data, please contact Weddingwire.co.uk by sending an email to email@example.com.
The Users' data shall be retained while the relationship with Weddingwire.co.uk is maintained and, once that relationship ends for whatever reason, during the applicable legal statute of limitations with respect to the legitimate purposes for processing that personal data.
After the relationship ends, the personal data shall be processed for the sole purpose of accrediting complying with our legal or contractual obligations. Once those statute-of-limitation periods end, the Users' data shall be deleted or, alternately, anonymized.
When the Users request to unsubscribe from the service, Weddingwire.co.uk shall deal with this by deleting the Users' profile photo and identification data from the Website (first name, last name and email address), while retaining the rest of the content which the Users have published on the Website.
The Users can exercise their right of access, rectification, erasure, portability, restriction and/or objection to the processing.
Such rights can be made effective through the Website settings themselves. In the event that problems occur when making this effective online or if doubts or controversies arise regarding our data protection policy, you can directly contact WEDDING PLANNER, S.L. (Unipersonal) (Weddingwire.co.uk) at Avda. Alcalde Barnils, 64-68, 4ª, 08174, Sant Cugat del Vallés, Barcelona (Spain) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the subject.
If you consider that the processing of your personal data breaches the regulations or your rights, you can file a claim at Weddingwire.co.uk or at the Spanish Data Protection Agency, either through its Website or by writing to it at:
Agencia Española de Protección de Datos.
C/ Jorge Juan, 6. 28001 - Madrid
Providing the personal data of minors and, in particular, their image to the Website expressly implies that, without reservation, the Users who provide them:
- Hold the necessary rights to use the data or image of the minors.
- Ensure that the stated data do not jeopardize the minors in any way whatsoever or harm any of their rights.
- Expressly exonerate Weddingwire.co.uk from any potential claims arising from this, where the Users assume that they provided the information with the full liabilities arising from such claims.
Weddingwire.co.uk notifies the Users that it has adopted the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the personal data and prevent their alteration, loss or unauthorized processing or access, based on the state of the technology, the nature of the supplied data and the risks to which they are exposed.
You can contact Weddingwire.co.uk by writing to the aforementioned email or postal address or calling the telephone number stated in the Legal Terms.
If you make a phone call, Weddingwire.co.uk hereby informs you that your call may be recorded with the aim of ensuring the service quality and monitoring how the incidents are resolved.